Rachel Guardiola, M.F.A.
Rachel Guardiola is an interdisciplinary artist and naturalist. Her studio practice investigates the intersection of art, science, and technology with a focus on the human relationship to wilderness through lens based analog and digital media. Rachel has exhibited internationally with List í Ljósi, The Halide Project, Rhizome DC, Ortega y Gasset Projects, Wassaic Project, Analog Cookbook, Dakar Biennale de l’Art Contemporain, Sydney College of the Arts, Light City Baltimore, Rhode Island School of Design, and Washington Project for the Arts amongst others. She has received the Hamiltonian Gallery Artist Fellowship and Studio Residency at School 33 Art Center. Rachel has been an Artist in Residence at MASS MoCA, A.I.R. Gallery Governors Island, Arctic Circle Art & Science Expedition, HEIMA, Vermont Studio Center, and Atelier de Visu. She received an MFA from the Maryland Institute College of Art and BFA from the Rhode Island School of Design. Rachel served as an Environmental Education Extension Agent for Peace Corps in Senegal, West Africa.
- M.F.A. Maryland Institute College of Art
- B.F.A. Rhode Island School of Design
- VA 1010: 2D Foundations
- VA 1030: Digital Foundations
- VA 2100: Digital Art & Design
- VA 2150: Beginning Digital Photography
- VA 3160: Alternative Photographic Processes
- VA 3110: Intermediate Photography
- VA 4110: Advanced Photography
- VAPA 3900: Ghost in the Machine (Art and Science Fiction)