Nikki Pike, M.F.A.
Nikki Pike is an Artist and Activist committed to serving the community through her art practice and role as an educator. Through the use universally positive human experiences such as curiosity, music, surprise, and gifting along with the influence of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, she spreads values of empowerment, vulnerability and connection in the form of experience as opposed to product. Nikki sees herself as a Cultural Agent working together with local communities promoting activity and creativity. With her an expansive practice, Nikki straddles Public Arts, Social Sculpture, Service Art and is exploring ideas of Relief Art intended to aide communities responding to disaster. Her methods start from the ideals of democracy and her work has been featured at the Denver Art Museum, the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, and Art Basel Miami to name a few.
- M.F.A. University of South Florida
- B.F.A. University of Colorado at Denver
- Scottish Sculpture Workshop: Lumsden, Scotland
- VA 1010: 2D Foundations
- VA 1040: Drawing Foundations
- VA 2100: Digital Art & Design
- VAPA 1100: Art in Time and Space
- VA 2000/3000: Special Topics - Art & Democracy
Aurous Trove, 2017