About the Program
The Department of Visual & Performing Arts - Theatre Program offers a minor in Theatre to complement other degree programs both within VAPA and across the curriculum.
Focus of Study
The Theatre Minor gives students a basic technical, practical, and historical introduction to theatrical arts.
Core Requirement: 10 credits
- THTR 1000: Introduction to Theatre
- THTR 2000: Introduction to Technical Theatre
- THTR 2020: Acting Workshop I
Upper-division Requirement: 6 credits
Of the 6 credits of electives, 3 credits must be chosen from the following classes:
- THTR 3201: Topics in Early Theatre History
- THTR 3202: Topics in Modern Theatre History
- THTR 3220: What's Funny? The Nature and Form of Dramatic Comedy
- THTR 3280: Women in Theatre
Practicum Requirement: 3 credits
THTR 3390/-1/-2: Theatre Practicum (acting, directing/stage management and technical theatre). Students must participate in a minimum of three productions, earning practicum credits in at least two areas.
For program coursework, please see the advising sheet.