Corey Drieth, M.F.A.
Corey Drieth was born and raised in Northern Colorado. He attended Colorado State University in Fort Collins where he received undergraduate degrees in Philosophy/Comparative Religious Studies and Studio Art. After serving as the Critic and Artist Residency Series (CAARS) coordinator for CSU’s Hatton Gallery, he attended graduate school at the University of North Carolina and received an MFA with a thesis in Drawing/Painting in 2004. Before joining the Visual and Performing Arts Department at the University of Colorado in Colorado Springs in August 2007, Drieth taught studio art classes at CSU, the University of North Carolina and the University of Virginia. His work has been exhibited throughout the country, including San Francisco, Chicago, Denver, Albuquerque, New Orleans, Washington DC and New York City.
- M.F.A. in Visual Art, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- B.F.A. in Studio Art, Colorado State University
- B.A. in Philosophy / Comparative Religious Studies, Colorado State University
- VA 1010: 2D Foundations
- VA 1040: Drawing Foundations
- VA 2010: Intermediate Drawing
- VA 3010: Advanced Drawing
- VA 4130: Advanced Painting
- VA 3150: Investigations in Contemporary Painting and Drawing
- VA 3980: Seminar in Studio Problems
- VA 2000/3000 Special Topics - Spirituality in Contemporary Art
- VA 2000/3000 Special Topics - Abstraction
Vesper #1. Primer and Lacquer on Wood. 10" x 10" x 1”. 2017