Claire Rau, M.F.A.
A founding member of The Front, an artist collective and gallery space in New Orleans, Claire Rau was born in Sandusky, Ohio and raised in northeast Tennessee. Working in both printmaking and sculpture, she completed her graduate work at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and presently teaches foundations at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. Her work engages with objects, straddling politics, sexuality, and terrain. Recent shows include Living Arts in Tulsa, the Morris Graves Museum of Art, MASS Gallery, and Vox Populi.
- M.F.A. University of North Carolina,Chapel Hill, Scholar for Tomorrow Fellow
- B.A. in Studio Art, Univeristy of Maine
- B.A. in Art History with Minor in Medieval Renaissance Studies, University of Maine
- VA 1010: 2D Foundations
- VA 1020: 3D Foundations
- VA 2080: Intermediate Sculpture
- VA 4980: Professional Seminar
Stifle, Newsprint, bell jar, cast urethane and plastic, oak, paint, 22 x 30 x 16”, 2018